What’s included in the price of the class –
- Certification for a Nevada CCW Permit.
- Certification for a Utah non-resident CFP Permit.
- A Certificate of Completion suitable for framing. 8.5×11 inch document frame.
- A booklet with everything covered in class (and some stuff that isn’t).
- A 2-pocket folder (loaded) to hold your most important papers with reference documents on the CCW class and effective shooting.
- A CD loaded with lots of info (over 700MB) on handguns and concealed carry. Additional presentations to help protect yourself including home invasions, robberies, car jacking’s, road rage, and much more.
- Three Wallet Cards (created/laminated) –
Gun Safety / Four Universal Rules +1
Nevada Reciprocity / Nevada & Utah Reciprocity.
Prohibited Places of Carry.
Below is just a sample, there is way too much to list. If you have a specific question, please contact me.
CCW Module #1 – Gun Safety
The Primary NRA Rules of Gun Safety, the Four (Defensive) Universal Rules of Gun Safety, Gun owners responsibility, storage of firearms, best safety rules for handguns, AD & ND Discharges, Gun Safeties & Gun Locks.
CCW Module #2 – Handgun Familiarization
Common types of Revolvers and Semi-Automatic handguns, 1911’s, full-size, compact, and sub-compact carry guns. Why gun cleaning is important. Field-stripping your handgun.
Semi-Automatic handgun magazines and how/when clean them. Clips. Clearing semi-automatic handguns, De-cocking semi-automatic handguns & revolvers, Comparison of semi-automatic handguns & revolvers, parts for firearms.
CCW Module #3 – Ammunition & Handgun Shooting Fundamentals
Cartridge identification and components, +P ammunition, storage & age of ammunition, defensive ammunition, shooting positions, the five fundamentals of handgun shooting. The Five lost secrets to combat handgun shooting. Three primary stances, proper sight-alignment, proper grip, How to handle semi-automatic handgun malfunctions. Trigger control, the “Peanut Butter Drill”, The dynamics of a gunfight.
CCW Module #4 – Firearms & the Law and Deadly Force
This module features no less than eight ‘Force / No-Force’ and/or ‘Shoot / No-Shoot Videos’ where I stop the video at a critical moment and YOU make the call!
The Five Essential Rules of Concealed Carry, When to use deadly force, The Force Continuum, Less lethal tools, The Four Elements of an Attack (AOJ), Stand Your Ground and Castile Doctrine in Nevada, Nevada State Law, some Las Vegas City Law and Federal Law. Extensive section on NRS 202.3673 – Prohibitive Locations of Carry, Interacting with Police and how to handle a traffic stop, what to do after an Incident, open carry in Clark County, much, much more!
Tactics & Training
Dry Practice and the Laserlyte laser-based cartridge/targeting system where we practice in class before going to the range! The Color Code of Mental Awareness, the X’s and O’s technique to help you become more aware! the Care, Control, and Custody of a defensive handgun, GYGO, and more!
Be Safe Firearms Instruction
Las Vegas, NV.